Spokane Personal Injury | Flood Insurance

The tsunami event in Japen triggered the Washington State Insurance Commissioner to release a statement regarding flood insurance. As stated by the release:

Unfortunately, if your home, business or property is damaged by increased waves or flooding, your typical homeowner’s policy or commercial policy most likely will not cover it. You must have a flood insurance policy from the National Flood Insurance Program.

The Washington Insurance Commissioner is correct that most homeowners and commercial insurance policies do not cover flood damage.  Although damage to homes in Spokane due to “waves” is unheard of, flooding in the area is normal. A few years ago, the Little Spokane River flooded, causing extensive damage to many homes.

If you are concerned about flooding to your home, click the link above to the Washington Insurance Commissioner’s website for more information regarding flood insurance.

This entry was posted in Personal Injury and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s